Fall Wedding Look
Over the weekend a close friend of mine got married and since the weather is slightly changing here in Chicago I was honestly having a bit of a hard time figuring out what to wear. Originally I was gung ho on renting a dress fromRentTheRunway.com. I thought it would be a great idea since I don’t attend many fancy events and I figured I could talk about it here on my blog.
After visiting the site several times I found a dress I loved and figured why not, I’ll order it, I will love it, it will fit perfect and boom, done deal!! That’s not exactly how things went. I’ve got to admit, I’m a planner and I like to make sure everything goes smooth or else it gets me in a funk. After weeks of having my heart set on that dress I started to doubt everything…..
1. What if it’s too long (I’m 5’2 and half!)?
2. What if doesn’t fit?
3. What if I don’t like the color?
All of these things started to run through my head and I decided to cancel my idea with using RTR. This site is awesome, however. You can basically rent a super expensive dress/gown from anywhere between $60-$300 and then send it back. I hate repeating outfits so I think it’s great for people who have lots of fancy affairs to attend. No judging, but I will definitely be using them soon; I couldn’t bring myself to take the risk.
After making the decision not to use RTR, I decided to go dress shopping, which I truly hate. I always have a vision and then I can’t find what I envision. Does anyone else have this issue? I went everywhere from Express, Akira, (a boutique here in Chicago) Nordstrom, Macys, H&M, Zara and to Forever21. Nothing seemed to work or feel right. I knew the wedding party was wearing black so I wanted to stray away from wearing that color. I tried one last stop before giving up; my husband was the first to say, “you aren’t going to find anything there”. I went to Francesca’s Boutique and it’s almost like the dress was waiting for me. It was exactly what I was looking for. It was a dark color for fall, it wasn’t long, it fit like a glove and it had the most beautiful embellishments on the cuffs. I was sold. 50 dollars later… dress drama was over.
Here’s my complete outfit:
-Shoes: I didn’t want anything super high, so I had these Steve Madden vintage-looking gold shoes in my closet from a few years back that were in great condition.
-Purse: I used my envelope purse with a gold snap in the front that I purchased a while back from TJMAXX
I decided to go with gold because the cuffs on the dress have gold and silver beading and it really makes the dress pop.
Here are some options for shoes and purses since mine were oldies but goodies from my own closet.
Here is the finished look!
-Eyes: I went with a subtle smokey eye, gold lid, and used a natural color on the lips.
-Hair: My hair was up. If you are in the Chicago area, Sarah from Dynamic Salon did my hair, and feel free to pay her visit any time! She is reasonably priced and does an amazing job! Thank you Sarah! Ignore my impressed face. Ha!
The wedding was a blast! Here is a pic of my husband and I. Sorry, its a bit dark.
This 6 shadow palette from the @maccosmetics Rocky Horror Picture Show is so pretty. So excited I was able to get my hands on it. I’m a sucker for packaging too. #mac#maccosmetics#eyeshadow#Rockyhorrorpictureshow#shadow#eyes#beautyblogger#beautyblog#makeupaddict#makeupjunkie#makeup#makeuplover#bblogger#blogger#blog#beautyessentials#makeupmadness#instamakeup#midwestblogger#bloglovin#chicagoblogger#windycityblogger#midwestbloggers#instaglam
50 Random Facts About Me
I thought it would be really cool for you guys to get to know me a little better. I recently read blogs that have featured this as well as many Youtube tags where people post 50 random things about themselves. Here are my 50… Enjoy!
1. I currently reside in Chicago, born and raised here.
2. I don’t like Scary Movies.
3. I went to public school Pre-K-Senior year of HS.
4. I have one tattoo. (It wasn’t painful as I thought it would be)
5. I don’t like crowds.
6. I kill all my plants. Flowers are more my forte.
7. My mom and sister call me “E”.
8. I’ve had thick brows all my life (a Unibrow as a kid). I freak out each time I get them groomed because I have a phobia of having thin eyebrows.
9. I hate public bathrooms. I only go if its emergent.
10. I have a huge sweet tooth.
11. I believe in UFO’s! Check out this hilarious video.
12. I’m a night owl.
13. I took gymnastics as a kid and I sucked.
14. I had to audition (sing) to be accepted into the high school I attended. I got in and then had to sing all four years.
15. I watch Home Alone or A Christmas Story almost every night before bed. It’s like music to my ears.
16. My Puggle, Marty Mcfly, was named after Back To The Future.
17. At age 4 I was running around a glass coffee table chasing my cousin, I fell, hit the table and I sliced my tongue in half. They had to stitch my tongue to my lip in order to stitch my tongue. No worries, my tongue is totally fine.
18. I like my grilled cheese burnt with a pickle on the side.
19. I hate flies. They are on everything… like poo! Then they try to fly over your food and that just grosses me out.
20. I will be married a total of 6 years in October. I think that’s a big deal.
21. I’m coffee dependent; can’t function without it in the am.
22. Elevators creep me out. They are so awkward and they can get stuck.
23. Polishing my nails always feels like a chore, but I never leave them bare
24. Cracked nail polish bothers me.
25. I’m an emotional being. I cry on demand #emo
26. I’m Clumsy.
27. I parallel park like a boss. (Shout out to my HS friend Lupe for teaching me)
28. I have no food allergies
29. I’m 5’2 in height. Yep! I’m a shorty. Can I count the half? 5’2 and a half.
30. I can only draw stick figures.
31. I played the saxophone when I was in grade school and I can read music.
32. I have a good sense of direction and I hardly ever get lost.
33. Florida is my second home.
34. I have two sisters and two nieces.
35. I hate stuffed animals; I think they’re creepy.
36. I love hard.
37. I love to sleep!
38. I have no children of my own, but I do have a stepson.
39. I met Matthew Mcconaughey at the LAX airport when I was on my way to Maui and he introduced himself as “Mateo.”
40. I want to retire in Hawaii. Maui Preferably.
41. I am CPR certified.
42. I used to be a nail biter until this one day a girl at work told me, “Stop biting your nails… They look like booty scratchers”. *Crickets*
43. I’m Puerto Rican. Both of my parents are from the same town in Puerto Rico too! (Cidra)
44. I think opening presents on Christmas Eve is desperate. My family and I always wait till the am.
45. My Godparents are literally a second pair of parents. They are so involved and I love them so much!
46. I was pregnant Beyonce once for Halloween and people actually thought I was expecting.
47. Reality tv is a guilty pleasure of mine.
48. I’m bilingual.
49. Fall is my favorite season.
50. I rather read magazines over books. (Don’t judge me)
My Fall Beauty Essentials
Fall is officially here which means the weather is changing and so is our beauty routine. Ha! During the change of seasons I like to switch things up and use darker tones, wear hats and protect myself from the flu. I’ve put together a few of my latest fall essentials that I just cant seem to be without lately. Enjoy!
· Batiste Dry Shampoo- It’s hat season! No one likes hat hair and if you are lazy like I am when it comes to having to blow dry your mop …dry shampoo has been a total lifesaver for me. It works for all hair types, smells good, gives you volume and goodbye hat hair.
· Lorac Pro 2 Palette- This palette has been my go to. The packaging is slim, has a good size mirror, has 16 shadows, 8 shimmer, 8 matte. The shadows are creamy, easy to apply and minimal fall out.
· Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette- Another great palette to stick with for the fall season. Not sure if you can still purchase this online or in stores but the shades in this palette can be used during the
day for work or for a nice night out on the town.
· Maybelline Fit Me Concealer- If you are in the market for a nice slim, accessible concealer, turn to your drugstore. I recently dropped one of my favorite concealers from MAC. It shattered on the ground. (Insert cries here) This is the second time it happens and at the time I didn’t have time to get to MAC so I turned to my trusty local Ulta and picked this up.
· Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Powder- This bronzer actually now comes in Milk Chocolate which isn’t as dark as this one. Ok, lets face it, once fall gets here we see less of the sun and if you aren’t going on a tropical vacation every other weekend, fall means tootles sweet sun kissed glow. In this case I turn to bronzer and sometimes-self tanner. This powder not only smells just like chocolate but also it does an amazing job at giving you that sun kissed glow.
· Gimmie Brow- I regularly get my brows threaded every 3 weeks and I do like to fill my brows in just a little because I do have some sparse areas where a few places went a little crazy. (No sharpie brows please!)
Lately I can’t live without this. Gimmie brow has a mascara type wand, its tinted and they seem to stay in place when I use it.
· Dark Nail Polish- As soon as I see fall is approaching all my dark vampy nail polishes make their way out of my bin. I found this awesome shade by Milani a few weeks ago in the shade Enchanting. Deep blues, deep reds, gray and even black seem to call out to me when I’m doing my nails. Love!
· Hand Sanitizer- All I have to say is I had H1N1 a few years ago and it was the worst sickness of my life (next to chicken pox). I felt like someone had severely beaten me with a wooden bat (not even being dramatic). I was sick for almost two weeks. Now although I use this on the regular I encourage you all to carry one in your bag/car. #germaphobe
· Chapstick- I used to be addicted to the Aveeno chapstick till they discontinued it and I found this Palmer’s Cocobutter one. It’s less than 2 dollars. No one likes a chapped lip especially when you are rocking a dark or red lip. That’s not cute. Exfoliating and chapstick will fix that right up.
· MAC Studio Sculpt- It’s my Jam! I’m more of a full coverage foundation type of gal. Don’t get me wrong, I love BB creams but I feel I just haven’t found one I’m totally in love with. This foundation is light, looks beautiful once you apply it and its long wearing.
· Benefit Push Up Eye Liner- I’ll be the 1st to say liner makes me nervous. It definitely takes practice. Honestly, my best friend can probably do it in her sleep…she’s a beast when it comes to eyeliner. This one is totally full proof and girlfriend, its not going anywhere till you are done for the day/night.
· Dark Lips- Last year I was like, heck no! I’ll look like a crazy with a dark lip. I gave it a try and today I feel I can rock a dark lip any time of year. I have no shame. When I think of a dark lip I always think about my high school days and how girls would just use a dark liner. That was scary. I’ve been really getting use out of the 3 photographed.
From L-R MAC Dark Side, Lorac Secret Agent and Maybelline’s new Matte shade in Siren In Scarlet.
I’m sure I can mention like 100 more products but so far this is what I feel have been my essentials thus far. Feel free to reach out and let me know what you have been loving. Happy Autumn!
Nudies for the win! These look so much alike but they are actually pretty different. L-R
Dulce Caramelo & Teddy Bare
Super moisturizing, pigmented and affordable. Can be found at CVS, Walgreens and Walmart. #milani#lippies#lipstick#natural#beautyblogger#beautyblog#makeupaddict#makeupjunkie#makeup#makeuplover#bblogger#blogger#blog#beautyessentials#makeupmadness#instamakeup#midwestblogger#bloglovin#chicagoblogger#windycityblogger#midwestbloggers (at Candidlyelyse.com)
Love these Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow’s. These are super affordable and great quality for drugstore. They are pigmented and creamy. Starting from the top L-R Bella Bronze, Bella Caffé, Bella Champagne and Bella Ivory. I feel all 4 of these shades are staple colors to have. These can be found at Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens. #milani#eyeshadow#eyes##beautyblogger#beautyblog#makeupaddict#makeupjunkie#makeup#makeuplover#bblogger#blogger#blog#beautyessentials#makeupmadness#instamakeup#midwestblogger#bloglovin#chicagoblogger#windycityblogger#midwestbloggers (at Candidlyelyse.com)
Went for a more natural subtle look today using @benefitcosmetics The Pore fessional @maccosmetics Studio Sculpt, @toofaced Bonjour Soleil Bronzing Wardrobe, @maccosmetics Side Show You blush from The Simpsons collection, @maybelline Brow Drama, Becca Shimmering Skin Protector in Opal, @maybelline Rocket Mascara, @lorealparisusa Voluminous Miss Manga, @maccosmetics fix+ setting spray and @nyxcosmetics #860 Peekaboo Neutral lipliner all over my lips. #motd#fotd#beautyblogger#beautyblog#makeupaddict#makeupjunkie#makeup#makeuplover#bblogger#blogger#blog#beautyessentials#makeupmadness#instamakeup#midwestblogger#bloglovin#chicagoblogger#windycityblogger#midwestbloggers#nyx#loreal#mac#beccacosmetics#toofacedcosmetics#benefitcosmetics (at Candidlyelyse.com)
It’s a gloomy day here in the Windy City. ☔️ A much needed makeup of the day. Happy Friday! #motd#fotd#mac#maybelline#citycolor#tarte#loreal#benefit#beautyblogger#beautyblog#makeupaddict#makeupjunkie#makeup#makeuplover#bblogger#blogger#blog#beautyessentials#makeupmadness#instamakeup#midwestblogger#bloglovin#chicagoblogger#windycityblogger#midwestbloggers (at Candidlyelyse.com)
New maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks
These new Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks are amazing. They don’t dry up like most matte lipsticks, they are super affordable, and they are here to stay. $5.49 each at Target. Probably a few dollars more at Walgreens.
I picked one of these up about two weeks ago in the shade Touch Of Spice. I really loved the finish and now they are no where to be found. I randomly found 2 more today but they weren’t the ones I was really searching for. I’m on the hunt for a few others. Lesson learned.
Touch Of Spice.
I read that these will be part of their permanent line so if you can’t find them now… Don’t you worry, they aren’t limited edition. These mattes are truly like no other, they are creamy, they don’t dry up your lips and they glide right on. The color payoff is is just beyond me, there’s a little transfer when eating but for the most part, they stay put unless you wipe hard with a napkin. I’m very impressed with this line. If you find them at Target or Walgreens look for Touch of Spice. It’s my fave!